Garden Creatures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garden Creatures

Fri May 17, 2024 12:04 am

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splitting Topics/Censoring

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
StarSea
Admin

Splitting Topics/Censoring Empty
PostSubject: Splitting Topics/Censoring   Splitting Topics/Censoring Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:12 am

Alright... Well, I just found a problem with the board when splitting topics- it mysteriously deletes posts.

So I guess we can't do splitting but how you'd do splitting topics would be find the tool area where you went to lock the topic. You'd then pick the option to split the topic, checking the ones that didn't go with the OP and leaving the ones that did. Sooo, because splitting is messed up, lets go with censoring.

Let's say someone came to a thread and began cussing at the people there, or just cussing in general. The post they made gets reported and you go to check it out. You find they've been cussing in several other threads before and reported for it. What should you do?
Report them to a higher?
Give them a warn?
Ban them?
Leave it?

(Just found out what happened to the posts when I was checking out the splitting... O.o)

Last edited by StarSea on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StarSea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Splitting Topics/Censoring   Splitting Topics/Censoring Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:16 am

Testing
Back to top Go down
zorua9
Modee
zorua9

PostSubject: Re: Splitting Topics/Censoring   Splitting Topics/Censoring Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:16 am

if they swore more then once(once is good(maybe) ill PM them and tell them if they dont stop they'll get a warning, if they continue ill give them a warning, they keep doing it ill tell a higher authority
Back to top Go down
zorua9
Modee
zorua9

PostSubject: Re: Splitting Topics/Censoring   Splitting Topics/Censoring Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:17 am

Oh and i got confused with the spiltting but i did it, after the first two splits i got the hang of it
Back to top Go down
StarSea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Splitting Topics/Censoring   Splitting Topics/Censoring Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:21 am

Good. Smile

Next question-
Someone cusses, but instead of spelling it out, they use the asterix (*). Would you warn them for that or no, may the warning be by PM or by boards.

XD Okay. I had wondered because I found the posts scattered around the topic groups.
Back to top Go down
zorua9
Modee
zorua9

PostSubject: Re: Splitting Topics/Censoring   Splitting Topics/Censoring Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:26 am

I would not know what they have said so **** could be F or S, as long as they blur out atleast twice that is okay with me if they do this sh*t or sh!t is not okay. if they do f*ck or sh!t ill give them a warning, for now all the people on the forums are over 12, so ill not give them a warning if they swear, i just dont like when people say it 5 times or more ill defently give them a warning............im confusing i know :3
Back to top Go down
StarSea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Splitting Topics/Censoring   Splitting Topics/Censoring Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:34 am

Lol, yes indeed. But yes, you should give them a warning if they don't blur more than one letter. Especially if they swap letters with symbols and other forms instead.

Alright, dinner time so one more question-
How would you deal with someone who's name is a cuss word or a form of it? Such as something like @$$ or A$s?
Back to top Go down
zorua9
Modee
zorua9

PostSubject: Re: Splitting Topics/Censoring   Splitting Topics/Censoring Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:41 am

as long as there name isnt @$$'ole or something like that even if there name has dirty content i would ask them to change it and if they dont change it within a 10 day period ill get there account susspended(as in ill/some of higher authority to get there account not able to go into a topic and post anything).
Back to top Go down
StarSea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Splitting Topics/Censoring   Splitting Topics/Censoring Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:11 am

Sherp... I changed it so you can't manually change your username. I'm thinking of changing it back because it is quite useful, even in that way that you mentioned.

But yes, when I put the name changing back in, then that will be great but for now (just in case something happens with my laptop before I can turn it back), if you find someone with their name like that, inform a higher and that higher will deal with it accordingly may it be asking them what they'd like their username to be and changing it for them or just temp-banning them from the forums until it can be fixed.

I'm not sure what time it is for you, but I'm server time and I've got to get back on school sleeping schedule soon as I go back Monday so, good night. We shall proceed on the topic of post deletion and thread fights sometime later today.
Back to top Go down
zorua9
Modee
zorua9

PostSubject: Re: Splitting Topics/Censoring   Splitting Topics/Censoring Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:18 am

its 4:18 pm Friday....... Australian time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splitting Topics/Censoring   Splitting Topics/Censoring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Splitting Topics/Censoring
Page 1 of 1